Learn how to easily draw a Christmas tree and find some amazing facts about Christmas trees
Learn to Draw a Christmas Tree
Scroll down to download the Coloring Sheet PDF below.
Draw A Christmas Tree – Step-by-Step
When you want to learn how to draw a Christmas tree, the best place to start is with a drawing sheet. This will help you get an idea of the proportions and basic structure of whatever it is you’re trying to draw. Plus, it can be really fun to add your own details and personalize your drawing!
Go through this step-by-step drawing guide for kids before you start to draw.
Supplies You Would Need
- Good quality drawing sheet (You can download the drawing template PDF here for free)
- Good quality pencils.
- Color Pencils
- Outline markers (Check the List of Supplies page)
Draw a Christmas Tree
Learn how to draw a Christmas tree. You can draw and color it in on the page below. You can follow the grid lines to sketch out your perfect Christmas tree with relative ease. Just follow the original image above and continue on with your drawing. Try to match them as closely as possible!
Download the Coloring Sheet – Learn to Draw a Christmas Tree
You can download this sheet and take a print-out to draw a Christmas tree.
Rate your drawing. You can give stars to your own drawing.
Try practicing till you give yourself a 5-star for your drawing.
Strange and Interesting Facts About Christmas Trees
A Christmas tree is a tall decorated tree associated with the festivities of Christmas. The modern Christmas tree originated in medieval Livonia (modern Estonia and Latvia) and early modern Germany, where Protestant Germans decorated their trees in their homes.
The custom was introduced to England and France in the 16th century. It became popular beyond the German-speaking countries in Europe after a 19th-century fashion for domestic Christmas trees.
Traditionally, the tree was decorated with edibles such as apples, nuts, cookies, candies, chocolate coins or dates.
Here we highlight some of the interesting facts about Christmas trees you’ve probably never heard before, but will blow your mind when you do!
- Christmas trees are actually a relatively new tradition. The first recorded use of a Christmas tree was in 1510 in Riga, Latvia.
- In the United States, the Christmas tree tradition was started by German immigrants in Pennsylvania.
- Christmas trees are grown all over the world, including in countries like Australia, Peru, and Kenya.
- The tallest recorded Christmas tree was 222 feet tall and was cut down in 1950 in Washington state.
- Christmas trees are grown in all 50 states.
- More than 350 million real Christmas trees are sold in the U.S. each year.
- There are approximately 21,000 Christmas tree growers in the United States.
- It takes about 7-10 years to grow a tree 6-7 feet tall.
- The average life span of a live Christmas tree is 4-5 years.
- It is estimated that there are more than 25 million acres of forestland in the U.S. used for growing Christmas trees.
- More than 100,000 people are employed in the Christmas tree industry in the United States.
- Approximately one billion Christmas trees have been produced in North America since 1847.
- The most popular Christmas tree in the U.S. isn’t a real Christmas tree.
There are hundreds of coloring pages for kids. You can visit the pages and download them. You can take a printout of these drawings and can have real fun with them!
Check for various other amazing printables under Drawings category.
You can visit notice.aenetworks.com for more information on the Christmas trees.
An SEO Expert, a Prolific Content Writer, and a dreamer currently pursuing a postgraduate degree in Master of Science in Psychology from St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science. She is working as a Content Producer and Social Media Analyst.