Learn how to easily draw a Unicorn and find some amazing facts about Unicorns
Learn to Draw a Unicorn
Scroll down to download the Coloring Sheet PDF below.
Draw A Unicorn – Step-by-Step
When you want to learn how to draw a unicorn, the best place to start is with a drawing sheet. This will help you get an idea of the proportions and basic structure of whatever it is you’re trying to draw. Plus, it can be really fun to add your own details and personalize your drawing!
Go through this step-by-step drawing guide for kids before you start to draw.
Supplies You Would Need
- Good quality drawing sheet (You can download the drawing template PDF here for free)
- Good quality pencils.
- Color Pencils
- Outline markers (Check the List of Supplies page)
Draw a Unicorn
Learn how to draw a unicorn. You can draw and color it in on the page below. You can follow the grid lines to sketch out your perfect unicorn with relative ease. Just follow the original image above and continue on with your drawing. Try to match them as closely as possible!
How to Use this Image
You can right-click on this image and Save As the image on your computer or device.
You can take a printout of this printable on an A4 sheet and use this as your coloring sheet.
Download the Coloring Sheet – Learn to Draw a Unicorn
You can download this sheet and take a print-out to draw a unicorn.
Rate your drawing. You can give stars to your own drawing.
Try practicing till you give yourself a 5-star for your drawing.
Strange and Interesting Facts About Unicorns
Unicorns are said to represent hope, purity, and magic.
In ancient times, unicorns were believed to be very real creatures, and some even still believe they exist in secret today.
With their majestic appearance and magical abilities, it’s easy to see why people might think they’re more than just mythological creatures.
Here’s our list of 14 surprising facts about unicorns that you probably didn’t know about the adorable creatures.
- Unicorns are believed to have originated in Ancient Greece.
- The word unicorn is a derivative of the Latin word ‘uni’ meaning ‘one’ and ‘cornu’ meaning ‘horn’.
- Unicorns are often depicted as white horses with a single horn protruding from their forehead, but in some cultures they’re portrayed as goats, deer, or even lions.
- A unicorn’s horn is said to have magical properties that can heal the sick and purify water.
- In Chinese mythology, the unicorn is a symbol of good luck and prosperity.
- It is also believed that one could capture a unicorn by taming it with music and feeding it vegetables.
- While unicorns have been around for thousands of years, archaeologists believe they were inspired by wild asses which were sometimes called rhinos.
- The earliest depictions of unicorns date back to ancient Mesopotamia (modern-day Iraq) over 3,000 years ago!
- A popular way to ward off evil was believed to be the placing an image of a unicorn at entrances and gates of homes or places where water flowed freely, such as fountains.
- One myth suggests that drinking water from a stream in which a unicorn has bathed will cure blindness
- The unicorn’s horn was traditionally thought to neutralize poison and heal sicknesses, making it a powerful totem for keeping people safe.
- It was believed that any man who caught a glimpse of a unicorn would die instantly, unless he had special powers like being able to cast spells or understand animal language.
- Due to its rarity, only royals were allowed to wear horse hair on clothing during the Middle Ages because of its association with unicorns and immortality; this fabric is still commonly known as unicorn hair.
- Nowadays, most people believe unicorns don’t exist.
A Short Story on Unicorns
- One common legend tells the story of an emperor who decided to capture a unicorn for his daughter as a gift.
- He went hunting for many days before finally finding one and chasing it all day long until it became dark.
- Just as he was about to capture the elusive creature, the sun set, and his daughter cried out for him not to leave her alone in the dark woods.
- Reluctantly, he turned back home without capturing the unicorn, which escaped at night when no one could see it go.
- As soon as he returned home, his daughter ran up to him and hugged him tightly.
- To reward her for staying safe while he hunted, the emperor cut off some of his hair and made it into a string she could wear around her neck.
- That night, when the girl slept soundly in bed, she dreamt that two little beings came into her room through the window and told her father was dead because she saw them on their horse returning home after having killed him.
- When she woke up, she realized it was just a dream, but that didn’t stop her from realizing the danger of catching a unicorn and vowed never to touch one ever again.
There are hundreds of coloring pages for kids. You can visit the pages and download them. You can take a printout of these drawings and can have real fun with them!
Check for various other amazing printables under Drawings category.
You can visit Britannica.com for more information on unicorns.
An SEO Expert, a Prolific Content Writer, and a dreamer currently pursuing a postgraduate degree in Master of Science in Psychology from St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science. She is working as a Content Producer and Social Media Analyst.