Learn how to easily draw a tree and find some amazing facts about trees
Learn to Draw a Tree
Scroll down to download the Coloring Sheet PDF below.
Draw A Tree – Step-by-Step
When you want to learn how to draw a tree, the best place to start is with a drawing sheet. This will help you get an idea of the proportions and basic structure of whatever it is you’re trying to draw. Plus, it can be really fun to add your own details and personalize your drawing!
Go through this step-by-step drawing guide for kids before you start to draw.
Supplies You Would Need
- Good quality drawing sheet (You can download the drawing template PDF here for free)
- Good quality pencils.
- Color Pencils
- Outline markers (Check the List of Supplies page)
Draw a Tree
Learn how to draw a tree. You can draw and color it in on the page below. You can follow the grid lines to sketch out your perfect tree with relative ease. Just follow the original image above and continue on with your drawing. Try to match them as closely as possible!
Download the Coloring Sheet – Learn to Draw a Tree
You can download this sheet and take a print-out to draw a tree.
Rate your drawing. You can give stars to your own drawing.
Try practicing till you give yourself a 5-star for your drawing.
Strange and Interesting Facts About Trees
Trees have been around for hundreds of millions of years, making them one of the oldest living organisms on earth. But how much do you really know about trees?
I’m not talking about your basic knowledge, like leaves turn red in the fall or that they provide oxygen we breathe and make us feel cool when it’s hot outside.
I’m talking about facts about trees you’ve probably never heard before, but will blow your mind when you do!
- Did you know that trees can live for thousands of years? The oldest tree in the world is over 5,000 years old!
- Trees are also very efficient at absorbing carbon dioxide and producing oxygen. In one year, an acre of mature trees can absorb the same amount of CO2 produced by a car driven 8,000 miles.
- Trees can also help us predict the weather. If the leaves on a tree are pointing downwards, it means that rain is on the way.
- Did you know that some trees can actually move? The roots of certain trees grow towards water sources, so they can slowly but surely relocate if they need to.
- There are more than 100 billion trees in the world.
- Earth’s oldest forest is around 3,500 years old.
- Some trees can live for over 5,000 years.
- A single tree produces about 260 pounds of oxygen each year.
- One acre of forest absorbs six tons of carbon dioxide and produces four tons of oxygen each year.
- There are approximately 3 trillion trees on the planet.
- The average tree is made up of 70% water.
- Trees are the longest living organisms on the planet.
- The tallest tree in the world is a redwood in California that is 115 feet tall.
- Large redwoods are hollow inside.
- There are 48 different species of Eucalyptus trees.
There are hundreds of coloring pages for kids. You can visit the pages and download them. You can take a printout of these drawings and can have real fun with them!
Check for various other amazing printables under Drawings category.
You can visit Trees.org for more information on the trees.
An SEO Expert, a Prolific Content Writer, and a dreamer currently pursuing a postgraduate degree in Master of Science in Psychology from St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science. She is working as a Content Producer and Social Media Analyst.