Learn how to easily draw a Star and find some amazing facts about Stars
Learn to Draw a Star
Scroll down to download the Coloring Sheet PDF below.
Draw A Star – Easy and Step-by-Step
When you want to learn how to draw a Star, the best place to start is with a drawing sheet. This will help you get an idea of the proportions and basic structure of whatever it is you’re trying to draw. Plus, it can be really fun to add your own details and personalize your drawing!
There are 4 printables of drawings of stars for kids. You can learn to draw 5-point star and color them. You can learn to draw your perfect star to cut out and use it for your other projects.
Go through this step-by-step drawing guide for kids before you start to draw.
Supplies You Would Need
Draw a Star
Learn how to draw a star easily. You can draw and color it in on the page below. You can follow the grid lines to sketch out your perfect drawing of a star with relative ease. Just follow the original image above and continue on with your drawing. Try to match them as closely as possible!
How to Use this Image
You can right-click on this image and Save As the image on your computer or device.
You can take a printout of this printable on an A4 sheet and use this as your coloring sheet.
Download the Coloring Sheet – Learn to Draw a Star
You can download this sheet and take a print-out to draw a star.
Rate your drawing. You can give stars to your own drawing.
Try practicing till you give yourself a 5-star for your drawing.
Strange and Interesting Facts About Stars
Have you ever looked up at the sky and wondered what it’s like to be in the stars?
While we can’t ever actually travel through space and visit the actual planets, stars, and galaxies, there are plenty of facts about them that will make you wish you could see them in person.
The stars are one of the most fascinating parts of our universe, and knowing some star facts can help you appreciate them even more.
For example, did you know that there are more than 10 sextillion (10 with 21 zeros) stars in the known universe?
To put this number into perspective, if each star were a grain of sand, there would be enough to cover our entire planet more than 800 times over!
So read on to learn some other amazing star facts. Here are 15 amazing star facts that will amaze you!
- Stars are constantly moving.
- Stars are giant balls of gas.
- Gravity pulls them into a spherical shape.
- They have their own light source, nuclear fusion.
- Their mass determines the type of star they are.
- There are more than 100 billion galaxies in the universe, with each galaxy containing anywhere from 10 million to 100 trillion stars.
- The colors of a star depend on its temperature, with cooler stars being red or orange, while hotter ones are blue or white.
- Stars are of different sizes: Our sun is a yellow dwarf star and has a radius around 109 times bigger than Earth’s, but the biggest known stars can be up to 800 times as big as our sun.
- In 2017, scientists discovered an exoplanet orbiting Proxima Centauri which is the closest star to Earth, which may contain liquid water and have a habitable climate.
- A constellation is a group of stars forming an imaginary shape like Orion or Ursa Major, usually named after their apparent shapes.
- With so many billions of stars out there, there could even be one just like ours out there somewhere else in the universe – something scientist call ‘exoearths’.
- Red giants have up to 100 times more mass than our sun and can take as long as a billion years before they finally die out.
- Main sequence stars are by far the most common type of star in our galaxy. They range from 7% to 50% more massive than our Sun and usually live for 10 billion years or so before dying out in a spectacular explosion called a supernova.
- There are blue giants, which comprise less than 1% of all the stars in existence but have 10-20 times more mass than average.
- A technique called star navigation was used today by sailors and aviators to navigate long distances on Earth and across the globe.
Keep an eye on stars, because you never know what amazing thing you might learn next!
There are hundreds of coloring pages for kids. You can visit the pages and download them. You can take a printout of these drawings and can have real fun with them!
Check for various other amazing printables under Drawings category.
You can visit space.com to learn more about stars.
An SEO Expert, a Prolific Content Writer, and a dreamer currently pursuing a postgraduate degree in Master of Science in Psychology from St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science. She is working as a Content Producer and Social Media Analyst.