Learn how to easily draw a Frog and find some amazing facts about Frogs
Learn to Draw a Frog
Scroll down to download the Coloring Sheet PDF below.
Draw A Frog – Step-by-Step
When you want to learn how to draw a Frog, the best place to start is with a drawing sheet. This will help you get an idea of the proportions and basic structure of whatever it is you’re trying to draw. Plus, it can be really fun to add your own details and personalize your drawing!
Go through this step-by-step drawing guide for kids before you start to draw.
Supplies You Would Need
- Good quality Drawing Sheet & Drawing Paper Pad (You can download the drawing template PDF here for free).
- Good quality Drawing Pencils.
- Eraser (Smudge Resistant Erasers)
- Color Pencils (Artist Quality Colored Pencils)
- Shading Pencils (Blending Stump)
- Outline markers (Check the List of Supplies page)
Draw a Frog
Learn how to draw a frog. You can draw and color it in on the page below. You can follow the grid lines to sketch out your perfect drawing of a frog with relative ease. Just follow the original image above and continue on with your drawing. Try to match them as closely as possible!
How to Use this Image
You can right-click on this image and Save As the image on your computer or device.
You can take a printout of this printable on an A4 sheet and use this as your coloring sheet.
Download the Coloring Sheet – Learn to Draw a Frog
You can download this sheet and take a print-out to draw a frog.
Rate your drawing. You can give stars to your own drawing.
Try practicing till you give yourself a 5-star for your drawing.
Strange and Interesting Facts About Frogs
Frogs might be small, but there’s plenty to learn about them – it’s not every day you come across such interesting amphibians.
Throughout history, their appearance in stories and artwork has reflected both their real-life appearance and their symbolic role as harbingers of spring and fertility.
But what are some fascinating facts about frogs that you may not know?
Here are seven amazing frog facts that will make you squeal with joy!!
- Frogs are Amphibians, which means they can live both in water and on land.
- There are more than 6,000 different species of frogs in the world.
- Frogs don’t drink water, they absorb it through their skin.
- A group of frogs is called an army.
- Some frogs can jump 20 times their own body length.
- The smallest frog in the world is the Brachycephalus didactylus, and it’s found in Brazil. It’s less than 1 cm long.
- The largest frog in the world is the Goliath frog, and it’s found in Cameroon. It’s about 30 cm long.
- An American bullfrog can eat up to 12,000 insects a year.
- Frogs can live up to 15 years in captivity.
- One way to tell male frogs from female frogs is by looking at their eyes. Male frogs have oval-shaped pupils, while female frogs have vertical slits for pupils.
- Some scientists think the reason why many amphibians like frogs change colors is because it helps them avoid predators.
- Frogs use their sensitive fingers to catch prey, such as insects and spiders.
- A frog’s skin is covered with mucus that keeps it moist, protects it from drying out, and helps regulate its temperature.
- Frogs make croaking sounds because air is released through its vocal cords when it breathes out.
What is a frog?
A frog is a member of the order Anura, typically characterized by a short body, webbed digits, protruding eyes and the ability to jump. There are approximately 5,000 species of frogs, including toads, spread throughout the world.
What do frogs eat?
Frogs are carnivores and typically eat insects, worms, snails, spiders, small fish and other small animals. However, some have evolved to survive on berries and nectar because their diet has been restricted, or they live in an area with few or no prey available. They can also adapt their diet according to season changes.
How long can a frog live without its skin?
Frogs will shed their skin periodically as they grow and develop into adults; however, this process is generally not harmful to them because they produce new skin beneath the old one as it peels off. In fact, if a frog does not shed its skin for too long, then it will suffocate and die.
Do all frogs drink water?
Yes, frogs need water to stay hydrated and healthy, just like humans. They get most of their water from eating food but will drink from puddles when necessary.
What is a frog’s natural habitat?
The natural habitat for most frogs includes wetlands such as marshes, ponds, lakes, rivers and swamps, but they can be found in forests and woodlands too.
Can frogs swim?
Yes, some species of frogs are excellent swimmers, while others prefer walking along the bottom of bodies of water.
Why do you think we should protect frogs?
Frogs play a key role in keeping ecosystems balanced so they should be protected and conserved. They are very important part of the food chain. A reduction in their numbers can also result in decrease of their predators.
Are there any poisonous frogs?
Poisonous frogs do exist but they make up less than 0.5% of the total frog population.
There are hundreds of coloring pages for kids. You can visit the pages and download them. You can take a printout of these drawings and can have real fun with them!
Check for various other amazing printables under Drawings category.
You can visit encyclopedia to learn more about frogs.
An SEO Expert, a Prolific Content Writer, and a dreamer currently pursuing a postgraduate degree in Master of Science in Psychology from St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science. She is working as a Content Producer and Social Media Analyst.