Learn to Draw a Flower
Scroll down to download the Coloring Sheet PDF below.
Draw A Flower – Step-by-Step
When you want to learn how to draw a flower, the best place to start is with a drawing sheet. This will help you get an idea of the proportions and basic structure of whatever it is you’re trying to draw. Plus, it can be really fun to add your own details and personalize your drawing!
Go through this step-by-step drawing guide for kids before you start to draw.
Supplies You Would Need
- Good quality drawing sheet (You can download the drawing template PDF here for free)
- Good quality pencils.
- Color Pencils
- Outline markers (Check the List of Supplies page)
Draw a Flower
Learn how to draw a flower. You can draw and color it in on the page below. You can follow the grid lines to sketch out your perfect flower with relative ease. Just follow the original image above and continue on with your drawing. Try to match them as closely as possible!
Download the Coloring Sheet – Learn to Draw a Flower
You can download this sheet and take a print-out to draw your flower.
Rate your drawing. You can give stars to your own drawing.
Try practicing till you give yourself a 5-star for your drawing.
Strange and Interesting Facts About Flower
You may already know some of these astonishing flower facts, but did you know that flowers change color as they bloom? Or that the color of the petals can determine whether or not an insect will pollinate it?
Here are eight facts about flowers that will amaze and delight you.
- There are more than 350,000 different types of flowers.
- Rafflesia arnoldii is the world’s largest flower, which grows in Sumatra. It can grow up to three feet wide and weigh up to 15 pounds!
- The world’s oldest flower is a specimen called Mimosa tree, which was growing when Christ was born.
- Wolffia globosa is the smallest flower in the world, measuring just 0.007 inches wide.
- There are around 3,000 species of perennials – flowering plants that last at least three years.
- Bluebells, often associated with Spring, are actually alliums.
- Roses have more than 1,000 varieties worldwide.
- The most expensive rose ever sold was an 8-year-old blooming tea rose named Climbing Little Angel which cost $59 per bloom back in 2009.
- Tulips were once the most valuable crop in Holland.
- Blackberry lily got its name because it resembles a blackberry fruit inside the pod of the lily flower. The blackberry fruit looks like the head of an arrowhead, so it is also called as arrowhead lily.
There are hundreds of coloring pages for kids. You can visit the pages and download them. You can take a printout of these drawings and can have real fun with them!
Check for various other amazing printables under Drawings category.
You can visit Wikipedia if you want to learn a lot about flower.
An SEO Expert, a Prolific Content Writer, and a dreamer currently pursuing a postgraduate degree in Master of Science in Psychology from St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science. She is working as a Content Producer and Social Media Analyst.