Learn to Draw a Dragon
Scroll down to download the Coloring Sheet PDF below.
Draw A Dragon – Step-by-Step
When you want to learn how to draw a dragon, the best place to start is with a drawing sheet. This will help you get an idea of the proportions and basic structure of whatever it is you’re trying to draw. Plus, it can be really fun to add your own details and personalize your drawing!
Go through this step-by-step drawing guide for kids before you start to draw.
Supplies You Would Need
- Good quality drawing sheet (You can download the drawing template PDF here for free)
- Good quality pencils.
- Color Pencils
- Outline markers (Check the List of Supplies page)
Draw a Dragon
Learn how to draw a dragon. You can draw and color it in on the page below. You can follow the grid lines to sketch out your perfect dragon with relative ease. Just follow the original image above and continue on with your drawing. Try to match them as closely as possible!
Download the Coloring Sheet
You can download this sheet and take a print-out to draw your dragon.
Rate your drawing. You can give stars to your own drawing.
Try practicing till you give yourself a 5-star for your drawing.
Strange and Interesting Facts About Dragons
How many of these dragon facts have you heard before? Check out our list of 8 strange and interesting facts about dragons that most people don’t know.
- Dragons are not all ferocious, fire-breathing creatures. There are actually numerous types of dragons, each with their own unique abilities and personality traits.
- The largest dragon ever recorded was the Chinese dragon, which measured over 3,000 feet!
- Most dragons are thought to be able to fly because of their wide wingspan. Additionally, many species of dragons are also capable of breathing fire.
- In folklore and mythology, dragons are often seen as symbols of wisdom and intelligence.
- Dragons are seen as benevolent creatures in some cultures, while they are considered evil and dangerous in others.
- The myth of the dragon originated in China, but it soon spread to other countries, including the United States.
- In ancient European legends, dragons were believed to bring rain or fog when they flew overhead because of the hot breath that they exhaled.
- One possible origin of the word dragon may come from a Greek word meaning large serpent.
There are hundreds of coloring pages for kids. You can visit the pages and download them. You can take a printout of these drawings and can have real fun with them!
Check for various other amazing printables under Drawings category.
You can visit Wikipedia if you want to learn a lot about Dragon.
An SEO Expert, a Prolific Content Writer, and a dreamer currently pursuing a postgraduate degree in Master of Science in Psychology from St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science. She is working as a Content Producer and Social Media Analyst.