Learn how to easily draw a Bird and find some amazing facts about Birds
Learn to Draw a Bird
Scroll down to download the Coloring Sheet PDF below.
Draw A Bird – Step-by-Step
When you want to learn how to draw a Bird, the best place to start is with a drawing sheet. This will help you get an idea of the proportions and basic structure of whatever it is you’re trying to draw. Plus, it can be really fun to add your own details and personalize your drawing!
Go through this step-by-step drawing guide for kids before you start to draw.
Supplies You Would Need
- Good quality Drawing Sheet & Drawing Paper Pad (You can download the drawing template PDF here for free).
- Good quality Drawing Pencils.
- Eraser (Smudge Resistant Erasers)
- Color Pencils (Artist Quality Colored Pencils)
- Shading Pencils (Blending Stump)
- Outline markers (Check the List of Supplies page)
Draw a Bird
Learn how to draw a bird. You can draw and color it in on the page below. You can follow the grid lines to sketch out your perfect drawing of a bird with relative ease. Just follow the original image above and continue on with your drawing. Try to match them as closely as possible!
How to Use this Image
You can right-click on this image and Save As the image on your computer or device.
You can take a printout of this printable on an A4 sheet and use this as your coloring sheet.
Download the Coloring Sheet – Learn to Draw a Bird
You can download this sheet and take a print-out to draw a bird.
Rate your drawing. You can give stars to your own drawing.
Try practicing till you give yourself a 5-star for your drawing.
Strange and Interesting Facts About Birds
Birds have been around for over 200 million years, evolving and surviving where few other animals could. But even though we’ve known about them for so long, we’re still discovering new things about these fascinating creatures all the time.
Birds are flying, feathered, winged, egg-laying, bipedal, warm-blooded vertebrates that inhabit every continent except Antarctica. There are over 10,000 bird species in the world, and each one is as fascinating as the next!
Birds are some of the most fascinating creatures in our natural world, and understanding them can help you better appreciate the beauty and intricacy of the environment we share with them.
Learn some of the most amazing facts about birds in this post!
- There are more than 10,000 different species of birds in the world.
- The smallest bird is the hummingbird, which can be as small as 2 inches long.
- Swifts can reach speeds of 80 miles per hour.
- The largest bird is the ostrich, which can weigh up to 350 pounds and stand more than 9 feet tall.
- Birds have feathers, which are unique among animals because they are made of keratin, the same protein that makes up human hair and nails.
- Hummingbirds can fly at up to 50 miles per hour
- Feathers protect a bird’s skin from water, so they can swim and stay warm underwater by trapping a layer of air next to their skin.
- White pelicans have a wingspan of 9 feet
- A group of crows is called a murder.
- Some crows are smart enough to use tools
- The only other animal with feathers is the pterosaur (flying reptile).
- The owl has an exceptional sense of hearing and sight, making it one of the most successful hunters at night.
- Jays don’t always live alone in the winter.
- Male songbirds use singing to attract mates, while female songbirds use singing to defend their territory or scare off rivals (usually another female).
- It’s not just males who sing: Females of some species sing too!
- Birds have been the subject of story telling since ancient times.
- Bird droppings make good fertilizer for plants, though you might not want them on your garden!
- Flightless birds—such as ostriches and emus—can still run fast enough to escape predators like wolves and foxes.
- Female ostriches lay the largest eggs relative to body size of any living creature; they can grow up to nine inches long and weigh three pounds!
- If you ever get lost in the forest, remember that birds fly south for winter, so if you see them flying north, head south!
How many species of birds are there in the world?
There are over 10,000 species of birds! Amazing, right?
What is the average lifespan of a bird?
The average lifespan of a bird is 3-5 years, but there are some that can live up to 40 years!
What is the smallest bird in the world?
The smallest bird in the world is the bee hummingbird, which is found in Cuba and measures just 2.25 inches long. The bee hummingbird has a wingspan of about 4 inches and weighs less than a penny. Despite its small size, the bee hummingbird is a fierce creature that is known to attack much larger birds.
What is the largest bird in the world?
The largest bird in the world is the ostrich! These massive birds can weigh up to 345 pounds and measure up to 9 feet tall. Though they cannot fly, they make up for it in speed, reaching speeds of up to 43 miles per hour.
What color is an ostrich eggshell?
Ostrich eggs have a white shell, and it takes about 35 days for an egg to hatch into a chick!
How do birds fly?
A bird fly by flapping its wings. A bird flaps its wings and creates turbulence with its feathers, this makes the air on top move faster than the air below. The flap of its wings forces air down and pushes up on the bird’s back, making it to rise and fly.
How do baby birds learn to fly and hunt?
As birds grow and develop, baby birds must learn how to fly and hunt in order to survive in the wild. Their parents teach them these essential skills through a process of trial and error. First, the young birds practice flapping their wings and getting a feel for the air. Then, they progress to short flights, learning how to take off and land safely. Finally, they venture out into the open world, where they must use their newly acquired skills to find food and avoid predators.
Which bird can fly faster than any other animal?
That would be the Peregrine Falcon! Not only is this type of falcon one of the fastest flyers, but it’s also one of the most athletic ones too as it hunts by swooping down on its prey from above and then gripping onto its victim with its razor sharp talons before carrying them off to eat.
Who is the heaviest bird in the world?
The largest bird in terms of weight is said to be the Andean Condor which weighs over 23 pounds (10 kilograms).
Why do hummingbirds hum?
Hummingbirds hum to produce sound waves which generate heat and allow them to hover in place in order to feed on nectar without expending much energy.
There are hundreds of coloring pages for kids. You can visit the pages and download them. You can take a printout of these drawings and can have real fun with them!
Check for various other amazing printables under Drawings category.
You can visit newworldencyclopedia.org to learn more about birds.
An SEO Expert, a Prolific Content Writer, and a dreamer currently pursuing a postgraduate degree in Master of Science in Psychology from St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Science. She is working as a Content Producer and Social Media Analyst.